Louisiana or Mississippi Bennetts

  • toodlescae
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 10, 2003
      I am trying to locate info on my dad's great-grandfather, Dupre (or
      Pre)Bennett who lived in Ascension Parish,LA in the late 1800's. He
      is believed to have been 1/4 if not 1/2 Choctaw. His daughter, Mary
      Estelle Bennett married Leonce Henry. Both died and are buried in
      Prairieville, Ascensin, LA. If anyone has any info at all it would be
      greatly appreciated.
    • Kitty Wiggins
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 10, 2003
        My husbands Bennetts come from Montgomery Co. Ms. Some of them ended up in Liddieville, La. Franklin Parish. His name was Barton Duval Bennett. Some of the family lived in Duck Hill, Ms. Then moved to Louisiana. Don't know what year. That is about all I know at this point other than he married Ada Browning and somewhere I have their dates of birth and death.
        Good Luck. If this info helps let me know and I will try to find more.......

        =^..^=
        I am trying to locate info on my dad's great-grandfather, Dupre (or
        Pre)Bennett who lived in Ascension Parish,LA in the late 1800's. He
        is believed to have been 1/4 if not 1/2 Choctaw. His daughter, Mary
        Estelle Bennett married Leonce Henry. Both died and are buried in
        Prairieville, Ascensin, LA. If anyone has any info at all it would be
        greatly appreciated.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Thomas Bennett
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 10, 2003
          Kitty: I just mailed a disk with the family tree of Barton Bennett to you this afternoon. If this is your family, please keep in touch with me.
          Thomas

          Kitty Wiggins wrote:

          > My husbands Bennetts come from Montgomery Co. Ms. Some of them ended up in Liddieville, La. Franklin Parish. His name was Barton Duval Bennett. Some of the family lived in Duck Hill, Ms. Then moved to Louisiana. Don't know what year. That is about all I know at this point other than he married Ada Browning and somewhere I have their dates of birth and death.
          > Good Luck. If this info helps let me know and I will try to find more.......
          >
          > =^..^=

        • Kitty Wiggins
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 10, 2003
            Thank You. I received a disk today but on Scott co. Ms. Its by Delores Pickering Sanders if you know who she is. I just found her about 2 months ago. Her book on Scott Co. was great. I really appreciate you sending the disk. I found a few of the Bennetts in Montgomery Co. but none living. When we were in Duck Hill I didn't know which Bennett to call in the phone book. We did visit One cemetery and didn't find anyone. All the Bennetts on the Message Board have been great. Also the Stegall's. My husbands Aunt Ada Browning m. Barton Bennett. They lived in Liddieville, La. for many years. They are buried in Ogden Cem. in Liddiville, La. Franklin Parish.....I believe thats the Parish. Its on Google.
            Will let you know if I can connect the dots.
            Kitty
            kcw233@...

            =^..^=

            Kitty Wiggins wrote:

            > My husbands Bennetts come from Montgomery Co. Ms. Some of them ended up in Liddieville, La. Franklin Parish. His name was Barton Duval Bennett. Some of the family lived in Duck Hill, Ms. Then moved to Louisiana. Don't know what year. That is about all I know at this point other than he married Ada Browning and somewhere I have their dates of birth and death.
            > Good Luck. If this info helps let me know and I will try to find more.......
            >
            > =^..^=

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor