Bennett

  • kitgins <kcw233@softdisk.com>
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 5, 2003
      I am researching my husbands family. I come across Barton Duvalle
      Bennett m. Ada Browning. Believe from Ms. moved to La. d. La.
    • CindyM195@aol.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 5, 2003
        Searching for info on the following Bennetts from the 1880 Overton County,Tn.

        Bennett Alfred w m 41 farmer NC NC
        Bennett Margaret w f 39 wife keeps house Tenn
        Va Bennett Florence w f 14 . daughter at home
        Tenn NC Tenn
        Bennett George w m 12 son works on farm Tenn NC
        Tenn
        Bennett John w m 10 son works on farm Tenn NC
        Tenn
        Bennett Thompson w m 8 son Tenn NC Tenn
        Bennett Samuel w m 2 son Tenn NC Tenn

        Also this household.........
        Bennett George w m 70 farmer Maryland Maryland
        Maryland Bennett Fanny w f 66 wife keeps house NC
        Va
        Bennett Jenette w f 25 daughter at home NC
        Maryland NC
        Bennett Marion w f 28 daughter at home NC
        Maryland Bennett Frances w f 24 . da

      • Kitty Wiggins
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 5, 2003
          You are my first reply. Thanks. Our Bennetts I believe lived in Duck Hill, Ms. then moved to La. Can't prove it. But I was researching our Brownings. Come to find out two Browning girls married 2 Bennett boys. They all ended up in Franklin Parish, LA. Ada Browning m. Barton Duvalle Bennett. I think Addie Browning m. Virgil Bennett. Can't find where/when or anything. Also Robert Leard Browning m. Elizabeth Letilia Reeves. I think they all lived in Montgomery Co/Bolivar Co. Ms. Can't prove much of that. Except for the Browning lived in Duck Hill for a fact. I have letters to back that claim. Not much else. Should you run across those names I would appreciate any information. I will copy your e mail and put it in my Browning/Bennett File.
          Thanks,
          Kitty Wiggins
          kcw233@...
          I live in Shreveport, La.

          =^..^=
          Searching for info on the following Bennetts from the 1880 Overton County,Tn.

          Bennett Alfred w m 41 farmer NC NC
          Bennett Margaret w f 39 wife keeps house Tenn
          Va Bennett Florence w f 14 . daughter at home
          Tenn NC Tenn
          Bennett George w m 12 son works on farm Tenn NC
          Tenn
          Bennett John w m 10 son works on farm Tenn NC
          Tenn
          Bennett Thompson w m 8 son Tenn NC Tenn
          Bennett Samuel w m 2 son Tenn NC Tenn

          Also this household.........
          Bennett George w m 70 farmer Maryland Maryland
          Maryland Bennett Fanny w f 66 wife keeps house NC
          Va
          Bennett Jenette w f 25 daughter at home NC
          Maryland NC
          Bennett Marion w f 28 daughter at home NC
          Maryland Bennett Frances w f 24 . da

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • CindyM195@aol.com
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 6, 2003
            I have a Virgil William Bennett born May 20,1912

          • bajobe53@aol.com
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 6, 2003
              I am just starting out doing research on the Bennett name. I do not have a lot to go on. My Dad passed away last month which makes me want to find out more about my family history. My Dad is Herschel Bennett born in Sidon, Arkansas to Annie Mae Wilson Bennett and John Berry Bennett. Annie and John came to Arkansas from Mississippi. They were both buried in Sidon, Arkansas. Lots of Bennetts are resting there.
              My brother has a Bennett family photograph showing my Grandpa John with his brothers and sisters, parents and grandparents.
              My brother mentioned that 2 brothers (unsure which) had married 2 sisters. Other surnamess he mentioned associated with the Bennetts name were SMITH, COVINGTON and JACKSON.
              I will remember you if I run accross any connections named in your e mail. I currently live in the High Desert of California, preparing to move to Woodworth, Louisana to be closer to my aging Mother.

              Best Wishes,
              Joan Bennett
            • Kitty Wiggins
              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 6, 2003
                Let me be one of the first to welcome you back to La. I will have to look up that name. I am in Shreveport. I will keep your printout. I have access to lots of micro-film at the Shreve Memorial Library. I was there today. I am just stumped on the Bennetts/Brownings/Reeves. I started in the 70's. Went to work for 10 years. And just now getting my feet wet again. I dumped all my info on a g. neice & nephew and said....help!!! Thank the Lord for computers. I don't think I will ever get all those boxes and pieces of paper in here.
                Bye,
                Kitty

                =^..^=

                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 6, 2003
                  I know there is a Virgil in Bobbys family but can't find the trail. I probably have it on a piece of paper somewhere and forgot about it. Its not where I can put my hands on it. I think he was married to Bobbys Aunt Addie. Both Barton Duvalle Bennett/Ada and Virgil/Addie all lived around Liddieville, La. ???? I was researching that Parish today and found a Succession. It was hard to read but I think it was for C.Z. Bennett. A Mrs. Burlie Bennett was mentioned. This was just the Index. I will try to find the document on my next visit.
                  Bye
                  Kitty

                  =^..^=

                  Message 8 of 12 , Feb 7, 2003
                    Thanks for the welcome message. I have an aunt, uncle and cousins (on my Mothers side)living in the Shreveport area. She is a retired school teacher with a passion for finding info on our family history. She has completed lots of research on the Castor/Penny family out of Texas and Indinana.

                    I am amazed as to the amount of information available to do family research on the internet.
                    Regards,
                    Joan Bennett
                  • Kitty Wiggins
                    Message 9 of 12 , Feb 7, 2003
                      I need to meet your Aunt. We have a Gen.Com Group who meet the last Sunday in the month at The Shreve Memorial Library. She might be interested. 2 p.m.to 4:00. We meet in the room to the right just as you go in the door. We have about 20-30 people off and on. Dues $15.00. If you want to check out C.D's you pay $70 up front. Which I need to do now that I have FTM 10. I have relatives in the Alexandria/Colfax area.
                      Small world.
                      Kitty

                      =^..^=

                      Message 10 of 12 , Oct 29 9:54 PM
                        I am looking for information on John Edward, Edward John, James Edward, Edward James Bennett.
                        The family is connected to Saint John, NB.
                        Two specific areas are Navy Island and Indian Town.
                        If anyone has information please contact me at desa@...
                        Thank you.

                      • Angelique Mitchem
                        Message 11 of 12 , Oct 30 9:07 AM
                          Hello....My name is Angie Mitchem....My grandmother was Jimmy Verval Bennett and her father was James Edward Bennett and his father was Louis H Bennett....this maybe is a connection to you please email me.....at picagent@... and we can sure info.

                          Desa Production <desa@...> wrote:I am looking for information on John Edward, Edward John, James Edward, Edward James Bennett.
                          The family is connected to Saint John, NB.
                          Two specific areas are Navy Island and Indian Town.
                          If anyone has information please contact me at desa@...
                          Thank you.

                          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT