Sarah "Sallie" Register

  • jallison1@cfl.rr.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2001
      I am a direct descendant of Sarah Register (b 9/11/1785 in Duplin
      County, NC - d 10/11/1868 in Clinch County, GA) & John Bennett (b
      11/1/1772 in Duplin County, NC d 5/2/1850 in Clinch County, GA).
      They had 8 children and I have extensive information on their
      descendants, as well as a little information on their ancestors. I
      will gladly exchange information although I don't have original
      documentation. Here is a what I have on Sallie -- much has been
      documented on this Register line by Register family members.

      Sallie & John were married 4/17/1805 in Duplin County, NC. After
      Dixon was born, in 1805-6 John & Sallie Bennett followed her parents
      and others of her family to Bulloch County, Georgia. They lived
      there until 1825-27 when they moved to Lowndes County, Georgia in the
      Naylor area. They later moved to what is the present Stockton area,
      where they spent the rest of their lives.

      When John Bennett died, Sallie lived by herself until her youngest
      son Redding was married, where she stayed a few years. In 1850,
      Sallie is listed in the census as living with Redden and Samuel
      McCardell - age 8. The 1850 Slave Inhabitants Schedule of Clinch
      County, Georgia lists Sallie has having the following slaves: 1
      black male age 22, 3 black females age 30, 3 black males age 5, 4
      black children age 3, and 5 black males age 1.

      Clinch County became Echols County, Georgia in 1858

      Sallie them moved in with her grandson William B. Bennett, son of
      Dixon, until her death.

      Hope this helps. Have a great day!

      P.S. Would love to hear from others researching this line or related.