[bennettzone] Bennett/Flanagan/Dunbar

  • Linda Caraboa Colwell
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 1969
      Recently, I received info from someone that said I might be looking for one
      of their ancestors in my BENNETT search. The person they told me to look
      for was MASON BENNETT. Today, I received copies of MASON'S will and estate
      papers from 1814, and 1815-1817. I had hoped to find that MASON had a son
      named CHARLES. However, the only sons listed were WILLIAM, MASON, JOHN AND
      BERNBURY(?). I am trying to find out if anyone knows if one of these men
      had a middle name of CHARLES, or if MASON had any brothers. Here is the
      info that I have on Charles:

      CHARLES BENNETT, b. abt 1794 in VA, d. 1850-1860, Russell County, KY
      m. MARY FLANAGAN (b. abt 1798 in NC, daughter of JOHN, sister of
      BRYANT
      and PATRICK) in Adair County, KY on October 22, 1823. CHARLES is
      believed to be buried in Square Oak Cemetary, Russell County, KY.
      I have so far found only one son, GREEN C. (possibly CHARLES) BENNETT.
      he was born in 1828 in Russell/Adair County, KY. He married EMELINE
      DUNBAR.

      The information I originally received on MASON BENNETT said that he had a
      daughter named NANCY (who was listed in his will) and that one of his sons
      had married a Flanagan. They also said that MASON had a total of 7
      children. Only 6 are listed in his will (there is another daughter named
      Catherine). However, the person who sent this info no longer seems to be
      accessible. If any of you who are reading this message have any info, or
      suggestions, I would be truly greatful. I have looked for CHARLES' father
      for a long time now. Anything might help. Thank you for your time.

      Linda Caraboa Colwell