40903Day 15 Natsu 2014 Outstanding Performance Prize

  • Colleen Hunter
    May 25, 2014
       Ladies and Gentlemen of the bench.

      Marushiki here with the final day results, and the winner of the Outstanding Performance Prize.

      And yesterday I said that a certain rikishi would have to have a very good day to pull off a win from behind 3 leaders..

      Well the miracle has happened!!  Kaiowaka smashed it on the final day and scored 3 points pushing him up and over the 3 leaders..

      Roundeye and Gaijingai take equal 2nd place.  I am sure that Gaijingai will not be disappointed to miss out on one of the prizes after such an excellent basho.

      Metzinowaka who had lead for most of the basho settles for 3rd place.   While Kitakachiyama Kaiomitsuki and Leonishiki who also started out as strong contenders all share fifth place with Jejima and Flohru.

      Congratulations Kaiowaka on your victory.

      Outstanding Performance Prize
      Rank  Shikona        Pts  (Ys)
      M3E   Kaiowaka       11  +(10-5)
      M3W   Roundeye       10  +(10-5)