40206Re: [BS game] Makunouchi Ketei-sen results

  • Robert Roth
    Nov 24, 2013
      I was able to find archived the rule at http://web.archive.org/web/20090310184318/http://www.benchsumo.net/benchrules2/playoff.html

      "In the case that 2 or more score an equal number of points, then the bench rikishi with lowest ranked 'winning rikishi' will be awarded the Yusho. In the case that the lowest ranked 'winning rikishi' is on more than one squad, then the second lowest ranked, and so on will be used to determine the winner.

      In the very unlikely case that there is still no Yusho winner decided from the above, then the higher ranked Bench rikishi can claim the Yusho."

      So Jejima's recollection seems to be spot-on

      -nomadwolf

      On Sun, Nov 24, 2013 at 7:25 AM, Jezz <jejima@...> wrote:
      Hi everyone!

      Here is the ketei-sen!

      From the automation.....

      ScreechingOwl has 31 tiebreaker points!
      4 Myogiryu [10] 3 Kisenosato [9] 3 Chiyotairyu [8] 2 Osunaarashi [0] 2
      Shohozan [0]
      Bench: Goeido [0] Hakuho [0] Ikioi [3] Kyokushuho [0] Aoiyama [1]

      Kitakachiyama has 31 tiebreaker points!
      4 Kisenosato [10] 3 Shohozan [0] 3 Goeido [0] 2 Hakuho [0] 2 Chiyotairyu [6]
      Bench: Ikioi [5] Takarafuji [4] Yoshikaze [3] Aoiyama [2] Tokitenku [1]

      We have 2 players left with 31 tiebreaker points!

      Sheesh!  I think I remember the rules (I wrote them) - but I had
      better check on the website.....

      I can't seem to access the website - nor the way back when website, so
      this is done by memory.  This means that it may be changed once
      Doitsuyama (or someone else) who has access to the official rules...

      But I think the first tie-breaker is the lowest ranked winning
      rikishi....  That would be Yoshikaze on Kitakachiyama's squad, so I
      tentatively declare Kitakachiyama the yusho winner!

      ScreechingOwl will (probably) have to settle for the jun-yusho, and
      (as far as I can remember) the distinction of being the first player
      *ever* in *any* Bench Sumo division to have won the regular day 15
      bout only to lose to the same opponent in a ketei-sen.  History is
      good.....

      Omedetou Kitakachiyama!

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional