Re: [bellowspipes] musette CDs

  • Kenneth Bloom
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31, 2001
      Anyone interested in smallpipes should hear these recordings. My only query regarding them is in the style of playing. I don't know if the player was influenced by current Northumbrian piping or if he got everything that he is doing out of Hotteterre. If anyone out there knows, I would be grateful to hear about it. The recordings are first rate and fascinating.

           Ken Bloom

      Kevin Scott wrote:

        Thanks to Gerard for his input to the question of Musette music.  Here's two CD's which feature the Musette and other very nice music.  Arion has put out some CDs named "The Art Of"  This one is vol2 "L'Art de la Cornemuse, vol2 La Musette De Cour.  ARN60378 This CD has music by Chedeville, Scellery, Corrette, and Hotteterre.  Considering Hotteterre if you are interested in the how and why of modern instruments you should take a look at the Hotteterre family.  The next CD is titled "Complete Wind Music, Hotteterre".  These CDs were put out by Seon.  The title stays the same with music by various composers.  I've seen these CDs with Handels wind music and Teleman as well.  The Hotteterre is  SB2K 62942   This CD has various tracts of musette music as well as other Hotteterre favorites.  Kevin Scott  bore master............. or is that master bore.

    • Kevin Scott
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2001