Re: some more questions

  • Charles
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 11, 2002
      --- In bell_bohm@y..., "atillagurel" <admin@p...> wrote:
      > --- In bell_bohm@y..., "Charles " <chafihar@y...> wrote:
      > > --- In bell_bohm@y..., "atillagurel" <admin@p...> wrote:

      > > for
      > > > >

      > > > What do you mean by net motion ?
      > > > Do you mean time average?
      > >
      > > Precisely!
      > >
      > > Charles
      > >

      > But the problem is if Maxwell equations work
      > at every *instant* and if we apply them to a
      > point electron in a stationary orbit
      > , the electron should rapidly radiate
      > because of the accelerated motion in the
      > orbit.

      You have no radiation from a stationary orbit because there is no
      motion of the electrons. The stationary solution does not represent
      the motion as if time is running, but rather, as if the motion takes
      an infinite time. For this reason, stationary solutions do not occur
      in reality but are only abstractions that are approximated.