qm/gr article

  • Eric Dennis
    Message 1 of 47 , Oct 1, 2001
      Folks might be interested in my new article located at

      http://www.objectivescience.com/articles/ed_tachy.htm

      which discusses recent results in gr that seem to contradict the common
      assumption that gr is inconsistent with the kind of non-locality implied
      by qm.

      Eric
    • millipede8@yahoo.com
      Message 47 of 47 , Nov 8, 2001
        > As far as I remember it always appears due to subtraction of one
        > infinity from another.

        The Casimir force = -dE/dx, where x is the separation between the
        metal plates and E is the ground state energy of the vacuum between
        the plates.

        By the way, Kasimir is an incorrect spelling. He signed his papers H.
        B. G. Casimir which stands for Hendrik Brugt Gerhard Casimir. He
        worked for Phillips corporation in Netherlands.

        > I hope that in correct theory no such tricks will be used.
        >It seems to me that the situation is close to that in claculus at 17-
        >18 centuries when such things as
        > and semiempirical results with infinitesimals and infinities were
        > widely discussed with heat.

        I also hope that a fully correct theory will be developed in my
        lifetime. I imagine all sorts of great physics will come from it.