LHV QM theories

  • vznuri@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 6, 2001
      hi, I'm starting a group dedicated
      to local hidden variable theories (LHV)
      of QM. the idea is that members agree
      with QM in its current mathematical
      form but suspect there is some deeper theory
      waiting to be born.

      thanks!!
    • koul@paco.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 11, 2001
        Allow me to start with "simple" questions.
        1. Does the determinism of HV theories
        mean that Plank's constant is not fundamental constant which bounds the
        ability of
        measurement "to question" the system and to get the deterministic response
        (if we knew
        the "hidden configuration" exactly)?
        2. Do HV theories reduce the infinitely dimenrional Hilbert space of standard
        QM (SQM) to finite (?)
        dimensional phase space of HVs?

        Thaks in advance for response
        Koul
      • edennis@princeton.edu
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 20, 2001
          --- In bell_bohm@y..., koul@p... wrote:
          > Allow me to start with "simple" questions.
          > 1. Does the determinism of HV theories
          > mean that Plank's constant is not fundamental constant which bounds
          the
          > ability of
          > measurement "to question" the system and to get the deterministic
          response
          > (if we knew
          > the "hidden configuration" exactly)?

          Correct. Although \hbar is still a fundamental constant of nature, but
          not pertaining to any (in)ability to measure things.

          > 2. Do HV theories reduce the infinitely dimenrional Hilbert space of
          standard
          > QM (SQM) to finite (?)
          > dimensional phase space of HVs?

          Some might, but dBB does not, because the wavefunction still exists in
          these theories in addition to the (e.g.) particles. So the particles
          live in finite dimensional config spaces, but the wavefunction still
          lives in Hilbert space.