1282Re: [belarus_trip_2005] Sharashova Cemetery Restoration Project

  • Franklin James Swartz
    Nov 12, 2007
      Dear All,

      Just so you know, Cecelia's and Robert's accomplishment was greater than
      they describe, the fence is 1,500 metres, not 500. Not only did Cecelia
      and Robert labour along with all the workers, they also assiduously and
      sensitively developed good relations with entire Sharshova community
      from the mayor, to the school children, to the agricultural workers who
      assisted on the site. It was an extension and application of Jewish
      values which turned Sharshova's Jewish past into a living legacy.

      Well done Cecelia and Robert!

      Best regards to all from Galina and me,

      Frank

      Bill Glosser wrote:
      > thank you for the vital and fulfilling information-i have been in touch with the same folks and next year will do the cemetary in antopol in belarus. wonderful!-bill glosser

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic