looking for some info on Belarus geneology-shenduk

  • cottont42
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 21 8:58 PM
      Hi-
      I am a new member, within the last year, our family started a
      geneology project. My father's side of the family seems to have a
      Belarus connection. Unfortunately, since his father passed away when
      he was 2years old, we don't know much except he says he was born in
      Grodonenchey-(not sure of spelling).
      While researching our last name, we came across info from a book, a
      book of nobles. It states that Semon (Semion) Shenduk(h) was a
      governor-mayor of Grodno. I don't know what kind of info anyone may
      have on the history of Belarus. But anything may help.
      My father's grandparents were taken to live in Polatsk by his Uncle
      Vasilly in the 1930's. Their names were Syvester Shenduk and Julia.
      Can someone maybe tell me where I may obtain info whether in
      Belarus, Russia, Poland, U.S.A.
      Thank you. I will look forward to checking out this club more.