Asking for input or opening a webpage

  • Portman
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2005
      Hi all,

      I am trying to find a way to either ask the user for input (a zip code
      specifically) or to open a webpage from a perl script. Most of the info
      I have found just prints the html code out in the browser window i.e. it
      doesn't create the page. Any ideas?

      TIA,
      Riva
    • merlyn@stonehenge.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2005

        Portman> I am trying to find a way to either ask the user for input (a
        Portman> zip code specifically)

        I find it hard to believe that you haven't seen things like:

        print "Zip code please? ";
        chomp (my $zip = <STDIN>);

        That's the beginning of almost every tutorial on Perl. :)

        Portman> or to open a webpage from a perl script.

        See LWP::Simple, in the CPAN.