public domain classic Beethoven sonates

  • dmtrbrn
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 8, 2009
      I discoverd this site full of historical recordings of Beethoven sonates in the public domain. I see Schnabel, Gieseking, Backhaus, Nat, Rubinstein, Friedman and others....

      see

      http://public-domain-archive.com/classic/compositions.php?lang=eng&composer_no=4
    • Richard Mathisen
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 8, 2009
        Thanks!

        The site appears to have primarily the Schnabel series, the Gieseking 1 recordings from the late 1940's (the ones on Tahra), the Nat series and the Backhaus 1 set from the early 1950's. It also has a few other items, such as the Friedman Moonlight, Solomon in Op 109 and 111, and Rubinstein in the Pathetique and Les Adieux from the 1940's.

        Dick Mathisen