Bee species still here in Florida.

  • Hall, H Glenn
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 10, 2010

      Sam,

      I have caught the following in recent years in Alachua County (publications in preparation):

      Perdita nubila

      Coelioxys mitchelli (on the first list sent to me)

      Sphecodes carolinus (is this a synonym of coronus?) Not sure about this one yet, may be cressonii.

      Epeolus carolinus

      Epeolus floridensis

      Triepeolus quadrifasciatus (I assume atlanticus is the subspecies, need to check Molly’s key)

      Triepeolus rufithorax

      These were reported by Mark Deyrup et. al. 2002.  Insecta Mundi 16:87. Caught in Archbold Biological Station:

      Hylaeus volusiensis

      Perdita floridensis

      Perdita graenicheri

      Megachile integrella (reported to be in ABS collection - no date given)

      Epeolus carolinus

      Epeolus floridensis

      These were reported found in the Everglades by John Pascarella et al. 1999.  JKES 72:32:

      Centris errans

      Megachile bahamensis

      Reported by Bob Pemberton 2006. Ecology87:1995:

      Euglossa viridissima  (on the first list sent to me)

      I see that you already got notices about Hesperapis oraria and Centris errans from Florida.

      I believe that these other Florida species have always been rare:   Perdita krombeini, Colletes longifacies, Colletes titusensis, Hylaeus flammipes, Hylaeus formosus, Lasioglossum alachuense, Lasioglossum stuartense.

      Your list helps make a good case for surveys.

      Glenn