Re: [beemonitoring] Western Dialictus Key?

  • Jason Gibbs
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 11, 2010
      It's probably about time I let people know about my existence more generally. I've been working on Dialictus taxonomy for some time now. A revision of the 85 metallic species in Canada has been accepted in Zootaxa and will be available pretty soon. A re-revision of the Eastern USA species is in prep and will probably be ready for submission later this year - by spring if I can get more spare time. The Western USA Dialictus will take years more work. There are definitely a lot of new species to describe.

      I've studied all the Dialictus North of Mexico. I also have DNA barcodes for most species, including a lot of undescribed ones. Eickwort's notes on Dialictus do exist but anyone interested in knowing what Dialictus they have would be better off asking me. That being said - I already have thousands of specimens piled around me as I write this. So please don't send me Dialictus without letting me know first! That also being said - please don't hesitate to contact me regarding Dialictus. I rather enjoy looking at them.

      Cheers,

      --
      Jason Gibbs Ph.D.
      Department of Biology