RE: Pollen preparation

  • Stuart Roberts
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 9, 2010
      Pollenophiles

      I don't know if you are aware that we have a protocol for pollen preparation on our BWARS website: http://www.bwars.com/Resources.htm . It is on the RESOURCES page and links directly to Paul Westrich's site (Paul is the original author).

      This is what to look for:
      Guidance for the preparation and analysis of pollen collected from bees

      A copy of Paul Westrich's paper for BWARS, Analysis of Pollen from Wild Bees (tr S. Roberts) can be downloaded from his web pagehere > download here

      It is very thorough (and was fun to translate!)

      Cheers, Stuart

      -----------------------------------

      Stuart Roberts
      Chairman BWARS
      www.bwars.com
    • Stuart Roberts
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 10, 2010
        All

        Thanks to those who have pointed out that the link I posted appears dead. Many thanks to David Barr (in this forum) who has found the correct link

        The link that currently works is:
        www.wildbienen.info/downloads/westrich_67.pdf

        The Web manager at BWARS will be updating the link today

        Cheers, Stuart

        Stuart Roberts
        Chairman BWARS
        www.bwars.com