Bee Specimen Drying Video Now Available

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2010

      We have just uploaded the companion video to the Bee Washing Video  (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2y-ind12Cc).

      This new video:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=935jlJep6go

      ...demonstrates how to dry bees that have been washed....and yes, you do need to wash them before you dry them or they will be covered with pollen, scales, gunky film, and the hair will stay matted.  And who really wants to look at bees with bad hair?

      Next, we will likely put out a video on pinning bees.  That might be a couple of weeks as we will be at meetings and wrestling with software programs next week.

      Feel free to distribute this video and if you want to host it on your site we will be glad to give you access to the original video.

      In the desert

      In the desert
      I saw a creature, naked, bestial,
      Who, squatting upon the ground,