Re: [beemonitoring] Nest sites for bees and wasps

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2010

      Matt:

      The Hallett's work on trap nest observation systems in Canada is very cool,,,check out the following website which also takes things several steps further:

              http://resonatingbodies.wordpress.com/art/nest-wall/

      With their literature at:

      http://resonatingbodies.wordpress.com/resources/recommended-books-downloadable-files-links/

      "...and though the holes were rather small, they had to count them all..."

      A day in the life.
      Sargent Peppers
      Beatles
      P Bees are not optional.

      From:Matthias Buck <buckmb@...>
      To:beemonitoring@yahoogroups.com
      Date:02/02/2010 11:35 AM
      Subject:[beemonitoring] Nest sites for bees and wasps
      Sent by:beemonitoring@yahoogroups.com

      Hi all,

      Are there any websites that explain how one can make artificial nest
      sites for aculeate Hymenoptera? There is a lot of literature out there
      but I have been asked by some naturalists how they can do that. It
      would be very convenient if I could direct them to a website.

      Thanks for your help,

      Matthias

      --
      Dr. Matthias Buck