New Bee Washing Video now out

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2010

      Hi Folks:

      We now have a new video out on how to wash bees that have been caught in water or stored in alcohol (or glycol) prior to drying them.  The objective being good looking specimens with popped wings and nice looking hair.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2y-ind12Cc

      We have upgraded our Video production abilities and now have a microphone (borrowed) and are using the free Audacity software program for mixing sound (lots of fun).

      Our next video will be on drying bees and you can see the past videos on catching bees with nets, and a 2 part series on using bee bowls to survey bees at:

      http://www.youtube.com/swdroege

      What would the world be, once bereft
      Of wet and wildness? Let them be left,
      O let them be left, wildness and wet;
      Long live the weeds and the wilderness yet.

        - Gerard Manley Hopkins "Inversnaid"

      P Bees are not optional.