Pollination Course at Missouri Botanical Garden April 2010

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29 12:36 PM
    Dear Colleagues:

    I have been given permission to announce the CANPOLIN Pollination course at the Missouri Botanical Garden, St. Louis, Missouri.  Please open and read the attached file and remember three things.

    1) This morning the application date was extended to 1 March 2010.
    2)  The first actual day of lecture and workshop for the course will begin April 19.  You must arrive Arriving on April 18 if you plan to stay in one of the apartments provided by the Missouri Botanical Garden.
    3) The course will incorporate the annual John Dwyer Public Lecture in biology at 4 PM on APril 23.  The lecturer for 2010 is Dr. Robert Raguso (Cornell University), and international authority on the biochemistry and ecology of floral scents.

    The course schedule was designed primarily for undergraduates and graduate students at Canadian institutions as it is funded, in large part, by NSERC.  Consequently, American students may not be able to fit in a workshop that overlaps with Spring courses and exams.  I am sending this to a number of colleagues, though, as you may know someone who has the time and may benefit from the training.

    Sincerely,

    Peter Bernhardt
    Department of Biology
    3507 Laclede Avenue