RE: [beemonitoring] Judge Pulls Pesticide (additional articles and judge's order)

  • Wilson, Michael E
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 20, 2010
      RE: [beemonitoring] Judge Pulls Pesticide (additional articles and judge's order)

      I just returned from the American Bee Research Conference in Orlando Florida where a Bayer representative presented research using Movento on an orchard in bloom with honey bee colonies in the field. His study showed no negative impacts by using Movento during bloom. His talk went right up to 15 minutes and left no time for questions, but requests for questions came from the audience, so at the end of the conference he returned to the podium. One, of multiple critical questions, came from a man, that I was told, was one of the co-operator/beekeeper's son. Not sure if that part is right, but this individual had visited these beehives recently and reported all but two were dead and asked why this was not included in the results. The Bayer representative said the study ended in October, at which time the hives were still alive. The hives died after October.

      This evidence suggests to me that co-operators of the above 'study' are not in agreement of the methods or results.

      -Michael Wilson

      The University of Tennessee
      Knoxville, TN
      Phone:  (865) 804-6486