Tongue Length

  • Nelson Debarros
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 19, 2010

      Hello all,

      I am curious to know if there are any sources that report the average tongue lengths for eastern Bombus species. I realize these numbers probably vary substantially between populations, so even an approximate ranking of Bombus species by tongue length could be useful.

      I believe I am seeing some trends in my data that could be explained by differences in tongue length, but then again, it could also be due to the particular phenologies of the species involved.

      Thanks!

      Nelson DeBarros
      M.S. Candidate in Ecology
      The Pennsylvania State University