Looking for surveys of honey bees & native bees

  • mquirind
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 8, 2009
      Hello,

      I am trying to find surveys concerning honey bee colony numbers, losses, or diseases and thought some of you might be able to help. I am so far aware of the following:

      1. Apiary Inspectors of America/USDA surveys
      2. NASS survey of honey producers
      3. MAAREC surveys

      Are there others out there? Also, is there any good listing or database on studies of native bees regarding species abundance, composition, population trends, etc.? Or a bee survey database?

      Thank you.

      Mayra Quirindongo
      Research Associate
      Natural Resources Defense Council