June 15-16 Native Bee Workshop in CT

    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2007

      All:

      John Ascher and I will be teaching a course on Native Bees in June this year in Connecticut.  While only 2 days long we hope to give participants an introduction to the identification and monitoring of native bee populations in the East.  On one of the days we will be out in the field looking for populations of rare Colletes, Macropis, Melitta, and Epeoloides (which showed up last year or the one prior to that in the same area).

      The flyer for the workshop is attached and I will also post it in the files section on the beemonitoring yahoo web site (thanks for pointing that feature out Claus).

      sam

      Sam Droege  Sam_Droege@...

      Bees

      You voluble,
      Velvety
      Vehement fellows
      That play on your
      Flying and
      Musical cellos,
      All goldenly
      Girdled you
      Serenade clover,
      Each artist in
      Bass but a
      Bibulous rover!

      You passionate,
      Powdery
      Pastoral bandits,
      Who gave you your
      Roaming and
      Rollicking mandates?
      Come out of my
      Foxglove; come
      Out of my roses
      You bees with the
      Plushy and
      Plausible noses!

         -- Norman Rowland Gale
    • Molly Rightmyer
      Message 2 of 2 , May 3, 2007
        Hi Sam,

        Just wanted to pass on the good news that I have received a 2 year postdoc at the Smithsonian to work on Nomada!  I would love to strategize with you about getting fresh material for the project when you are available...

        Best wishes,
        Molly

        Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.