RE: [beemonitoring] Metallic summary and suggestions

  • barbara.abraham@hamptonu.edu
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 10, 2009

      Sam,

      Upon pondering further, I remember that in the course you taught this spring, while I was using the Discover Life keys for the first time, I found it difficult to see metallic color on some bees that appeared mostly black.  So I agree that for those (can’t remember which they were!), it would be helpful if something like “black, with metallic blue” (etc.) overtone, highlights, whatever were used…I still think the term “metallic” is clearly different from just “shiny” or  its synomyms.

      Great discussion!

      Barb

      Barbara J. Abraham, Ph.D.

      Associate Professor