Re: [beemonitoring] Klutz

  • hennetjie
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 3, 2009
      Thank you, Liz and all,

      I think now I know better what to watch out for in future, yes. Big fly eyes
      and fatter bodies - from afar, that is.

      Yes too to Rob: Apis mellifera scutella, methinks. They live in our garden.
      Don't know where the robber fly lives. Have only noticed that one and I
      checked hundreds of pictures in search for another one... and fame... Grin.

      hen
    • (no author)
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 3, 2009
        do not feel so bad
        the grade 6 Canadian Math book of my son have a photograph of a syrphid and authors of the book  call it "bee" and wrote a small text  about bees ( a mistake).

        Julio

        To: beemonitoring@yahoogroups.com
        From: lizday44@...
        Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 03:44:51 -0500
        Subject: Re: [beemonitoring] Klutz

        You're not the only one; many collections of "bumblebees" contain
        robber flies.

        Liz D.
        Indianapolis

      • Jack Neff
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 3, 2009
          Check out the cover photo of the Facts on File reprint of O'Toole and Raw's "Bees of the World" for further adventures with fake bees.

          best

          Jack

          To: beemonitoring@ yahoogroups. com