A Net Spoon for Removing Bees from Bowl Traps

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 29, 2009

      I spotted this article in the EPA's volunteer monitoring newsletter (its free and worth signing up for)

      http://www.epa.gov/owow/monitoring/volunteer/vm_index.html

      and thought this would be a handy thing for people who are running traps for many days or wish to only fish a few specimens out of individual bowls.

      I love the creeks and the music they make
      And rill, in glades and meadows, before they have a chance to become creeks.

      I may even love them best of all for their secrecy.  I almost forgot
      to say something about the source!
      Can anything be more wonderful than a spring?

      But the big streams have my heart too.
      And the places streams flow into rivers
      The open mouths of rivers where they join the sea.
      The places where water comes together with other water.
      The places stand out on my mind like holy places.

      But those coastal rivers!
      I love them the way some men love horses or glamorous women.

      I have a thing for this wild swift water.
      Just looking at it makes my blood run.  And my skin tingle.
      I would sit and watch these rivers for hours.
      Not one of them like any other.

      I am 45 years old today.
      Would anyone believe it if I said I was once 35!
      My heart empty and sore at 35!
      Five more years had to pass before it began to flow again.
      I'll take all the time I please this afternoon before leaving this place alongside this river.

      It pleases me, loving rivers.
      Loving them all the way back to their source.
      Loving everything that increases me.
          -Raymond Carver
    • hennetjie
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2009
        Hi,

        Have spent hours taking pictures of bees after finding three pictures of one bee the day before showed that it has stripes (yellow and brown) on its compound eyes.

        Can anyone please tell me why that would be? The eyes also appear to be bigger than normal. Only one of the three pictures is almost clear. Was hoping to meet up with the bee on the flowers again for a clearer picture. No such luck. I do have a lot of bee pictures now... :)

        hen