Hymenoptera Online

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2009

      I recently ran across the Hymenoptera Online database and the attendant Specimage database for Hymenoptera collections associated with the Ohio State faculty and C. A. Triplehorn Insect Collection.  It contains a good deal of worldwide material on bees and has information down to the species level.  Something worth exploring.

      Joe Cora, who works with the database writes the following:

      "Hymenoptera Online is a database-driven web application containing
      extensive information of Hymenoptera, in particular parasitoid
      Hymenoptera, including specimen-based distributions, literature
      references along with digitized publications, specimen images, taxonomic
      relationships and more."

      http://hol.osu.edu/

      "Specimage is a web-based image management system designed to facilitate
      storing and linking specimen images to actual specimens through unique
      specimen identifiers."

      http://specimage.osu.edu/

      Questioning Faces

      Grabel's Law

      2 is not equal to 3 -- not even for large values of 2