Re: Re: [beemonitoring] a link to pass along just in case

  • Anita M Collins, Ph.D.
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 29, 2009
      Hi all,

      I'm not sure about mason bees in particular, but alfalfa leaf cutter bees do have some diseases that are similar to some honey bees have.  Nosema is one of them.  So I would not be surprized if mason bees had a larval disease that was like American Foul Brood.

      Anita Collins
      -Albert Einstein

      Sep 29, 2009 01:08:44 AM, henpen@... wrote:

      Hi, dear Professionals and Experts on bees.

      Pardon the probably tremendously stupid question, but do mason bees also get
      AFB?

      hen