Re: [beemonitoring] a link to pass along just in case

  • hennetjie
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 28 11:13 PM
      Hi, dear Professionals and Experts on bees.

      Pardon the probably tremendously stupid question, but do mason bees also get
      AFB?

      hen
    • Anita M Collins, Ph.D.
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 29 7:27 AM
        Hi all,

        I'm not sure about mason bees in particular, but alfalfa leaf cutter bees do have some diseases that are similar to some honey bees have.  Nosema is one of them.  So I would not be surprized if mason bees had a larval disease that was like American Foul Brood.

        Anita Collins
        -Albert Einstein