a link to pass along just in case

  • Doug Yanega
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 28, 2009
      I did a little research, and it is a well-known scam dating back to
      2008. This link is for reference, possibly worth passing on to folks,
      off-topic as it is.

      http://garwarner.blogspot.com/2009/02/traveler-scams-email-phishers-newest.html

      and here's a shorter, more recent one:

      http://www.gadling.com/2009/01/06/psa-scam-warning-your-friend-did-not-lose-their-wallet?icid=sphere_blogsmith_inpage_gadling

      Peace,

    • hennetjie
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 28, 2009
        Hi, dear Professionals and Experts on bees.

        Pardon the probably tremendously stupid question, but do mason bees also get
        AFB?

        hen
      • Anita M Collins, Ph.D.
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 29, 2009
          Hi all,

          I'm not sure about mason bees in particular, but alfalfa leaf cutter bees do have some diseases that are similar to some honey bees have.  Nosema is one of them.  So I would not be surprized if mason bees had a larval disease that was like American Foul Brood.

          Anita Collins
          -Albert Einstein