Re: Cayaponia quinqueloba bee pollinated, right?

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 25, 2009
      Dear Susanne:

      Contact jennifer Tsang at the National Pollinator Protection Campaign.  Perhaps one of its members works on the pollination of the Cucurbitaceae or knows someone who does.  The two email addresses provided will help introduce you to the group .

      Peter

      On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 2:54 AM, Susanne Renner <renner@...-muenchen.de> wrote:
      Dear Peter,

       That's too bad. It's a small whitish flower. Do you have any idea who
      might have looked at this with open eyes? This species has been reported
      from 11 southeastern states (USDA, NRCS Cayaponia quinqueloba (Raf.)
      Shinners (CUCURBITACEAE), it's apparently always pretty rare -- I am
      copying "Escambia County: climbing on Pinus glabra Walt. adjacent to
      Burnt Corn Creek Bridge north of U.S. Hwy. 31, 10 June 2001, Searcy s.n.
      (TROY)."

      Thanks for any suggestion,

      Susanne