Re: [beemonitoring] New pan trap design for arid dry climates [1 Attachment]

  • karen@sevilleta.unm.edu
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 15 8:51 AM
      I have been using Buchmann's design for funnel traps in New Mexico. I
      leave mine out for two weeks at a time and they do great! There are a few
      others using this style trap. The funnels are spray painted (the tips cut
      off to allow larger bees) and rest in a one pint paint can. If you keep
      the lid, you can just reuse the same antifreeze over and over until it
      gets watered down by rain. I'm not sure how the two methods would
      compare. Have you tried the funnel traps? Cheers, karen