How can i find identification keys for bees?

  • tulayylmaz
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 6, 2009
      Hi all:

      I wonder how i can find identification keys for Andreanidae and Anthophoridae bee families. I searched on the internet but i couldn't find. Is there any special way to get them?

      Best regards,

      Tulay YILMAZ
    • Erika Tucker
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 6, 2009

        Hi Tulay,

        www.discoverlife has a key of the Andrena and Anthrophora species of the eastern U.S. .  Most of the western species haven’t been added yet.  Go to discoverlife.org, click on the bee icon above the search box and then scroll down the page to the part where it says “species identification guides” and click on the group you want.

        Hope this helps,

        Erika

        To: beemonitoring@yahoogroups.com