FW: web page of Robertson bee/flower data has moved

  • Cane, Jim
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 26, 2009

      Folks- please take note that if you want to use the database of floral and bee records for Robertson’s collections around Carlinville Illinois, the web site for that has moved.  It is the first complete bee fauna for any US location (from a century ago!), and remains among the most complete floral association records for bees for any one location in the world.

      I changed internet service providers last year, and so I moved the entire Flowering-Visiting Insect website to the following internet address:

      http://www.flowervisitors.info

      I have made some improvements to this database since the last time we communicated. Some corrections and updates to the scientific names have been made, and I have added information about additional species of plants from additional sources. In addition to looking up information by plant species, you can now look up information by insect species (there's a list of plant species by family for each insect species).

      Cordially,

      John Hilty
      Urbana, IL