Re: Validity of status!

  • alrunen
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 21, 2009
      Hello,

      There has been very little work on the systematics of the Afrotropical stingless bees (save some taxonomic works). Whether genus or subgenus depends on the classification you follow. I treated them as valid in two recent papers (Rasmussen & Cameron, 2007, in press). Michener (1990, 2000, 2007) kept them under Meliponula.

      You can read more about the Afrotropical stingless bees at Alain Pauly's excellent site (including a pdf of my 2007 paper and many others on Afrotropical stingless bees):

      http://www.atlashymenoptera.net/page.asp?id=121

      Cheers,

      Claus