Re: [beemonitoring] Honey in Georgia

  • Charles Guevara
    Message 1 of 3 , May 10 5:18 PM
          Hello Claus....I'm skeptical about:"a quantity of bears grease preserved in pots"...these tramping speculators had quite tunnel-vision obsession to resources they could take...I doubt what was in that 'quantity of grease'/ wether or not it 'was preserved' could be accurately noted by the scribe/missionary-invader.  The journal entry of 'honey'...could quite naturally be processed sap of many tropical plants( honey being similar to 'mapel syrup' , especially to a beleauguered tramping invader?).  Then there was frenzy for both native vast amounts of refined gold, and for a literal 'fountain of youth'!

         See the widely available Klaus Kinskey film:" The Rath of A...", for quite tangible insights to  de Sotos 'mind set'.  A 'maple syrup type' processed tropical confection could easily be mistaken for  what we here call:'honey'.   charlie guevara  NJ,US