USD A Pollinator Conservation - Bee Plant Use

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2009

      This was sent to me and Scott gave me permission to pass it on to the group....as it may be of interest, particularly the upcoming pollination database.  sam

      Good afternoon Sam:

      I met with Larry Stritch (USFS) last week and he suggested that I drop
      you a line and let you know what items we have been working on in the
      pollinator arena.

      1. NRCS Technical Note: "Using Farm Bill Programs for Pollinator
      Conservation"
      This was created by Mark Skinner of this office and Mace Vaughn of
      Xerces and is expected to be released within the next month or two.

      2. Pollinator Conservation module as a part of the PLANTS Database
      (
      http://plants.usda.gov): Mark is heading up the team designing this
      module and we hope to have the first iteration on-line within the next
      12 months.  I've attached an outline of what this module will entail.
      Mark is currently reviewing the data and finishing the design.

      3. Here is a link to NRCS documents for pollinator conservation and
      enhancement that Mark put together and which will be incorporated into
      the proposed module :

      http://plants.usda.gov/pollinators/NRCSdocuments.html

      If you would like further information on these, please contact Mark
      directly.

      Thanks,
      Scott

      scott.peterson@...

      http://npdc.usda.gov
      Visit
      http://plants.usda.gov
      [attachment "POL-CON_Pollination Conservation Module at PLANTS-gs.doc" deleted by Sam Droege/BRD/USGS/DOI]