Processing Abused Specimens?

  • Matthew Sarver
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7, 2009
      Hi all -

      I have several bee bowl samples that were accidentally left in Whirl-Paks of drugstore Isopropyl since last season.  Some of the samples completely dried out, while others were just the usual nasty forgotten whirl-pak slurry (yes - I admit this has happened to me before).

      I've just found them, and triaged them into vials of fresh isopropyl.  Anyone have suggestions for trying to salvage them?  I'm afraid to wash them using the standard procedures as I imagine they are pretty brittle at this point.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

      Thanks
      Matt

      Matthew Sarver
      Sarver Ecological Consulting