pocket identification guides for rare bumble bees

  • Sarina Jepsen
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 23, 2009
      Identification guides for rare bumble bees
      The Xerces Society has developed pocket identification guides to help detect the rare and declining bumble bee species Bombus occidentalis, Bombus affinis, and Bombus terricola. These guides include illustrations of similar species found in the ranges of each of the above species.

      Download and print a PDF version of the pocket identification guide for:
      If you spot any of these species, please take photos and send an email to bumblebees@....

      If you would like a printed version of one or two of these guides, please email sarina@....

      Read more about our work on conservation of these three species of bumble bees.

      The Xerces Society for Invertebrate Conservation
      The Xerces Society is an international, nonprofit organization that
      protects wildlife through the conservation of invertebrates and their
      habitat. To join the Society, make a contribution, or read about our
      work, please visit www.xerces.org

      Sarina Jepsen
      Endangered Species Coordinator
      4828 SE Hawthorne Blvd.  Portland, OR  97215
      tel: 503-232-6639     fax: 503-233-6794
      email: sarina@...