RE: [beemonitoring] Native bee populations

  • barbara.abraham@hamptonu.edu
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 18, 2009

      I am very interested in such a study, and am hoping to begin at Mountain Lake Biological Station (VA) this summer.  However, I am a novice at bees—studied spiders for decades—so I’m hoping that the May workshop will allow me to interact with others to see how to proceed.

      Barb

      Barbara J. Abraham, Ph.D.

      Associate Professor

      SEEDS Ecology Chapter Advisor

      Department of Biological Sciences

      Hampton University

      Hampton, VA  23668

      757-727-5283

      barbara.abraham@...

      With apis m. populations under the gun, so to speak, has anybody out
      there done any research on Native Bee Populations? With close to 4,000
      species of native bees in North America , what is happening to the Honey
      Bee may be already affecting our Native Bee populations.

    • OOWONBS@Netscape.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 19, 2009
        > Posted by: "dotson26" dotson26@
        With apis m. populations under the gun, so to speak, has anybody out
        there done any research on Native Bee Populations? With close to 4,000
        species of native bees in North America, what is happening to the Honey
        Bee may be already affecting our Native Bee populations.

        > Posted by: "barbara.abraham
        I am very interested in such a study, and am hoping to begin at
        Mountain...

        Perhaps...

        Ask about methodology, etc.
        They would all welcome your help and input.
        Good list. V serious, but not in tonality.
        I think you'll like most of it.

        BillSF9c