Native bee populations

  • dotson26
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 18, 2009
      With apis m. populations under the gun, so to speak, has anybody out
      there done any research on Native Bee Populations? With close to 4,000
      species of native bees in North America, what is happening to the Honey
      Bee may be already affecting our Native Bee populations.
    • barbara.abraham@hamptonu.edu
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 18, 2009

        I am very interested in such a study, and am hoping to begin at Mountain Lake Biological Station (VA) this summer.  However, I am a novice at bees—studied spiders for decades—so I’m hoping that the May workshop will allow me to interact with others to see how to proceed.

        Barb

        Barbara J. Abraham, Ph.D.

        Associate Professor

        SEEDS Ecology Chapter Advisor

        Department of Biological Sciences

        Hampton University

        Hampton, VA  23668

        757-727-5283

        barbara.abraham@...

      • OOWONBS@Netscape.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 19, 2009
          > Posted by: "dotson26" dotson26@
          With apis m. populations under the gun, so to speak, has anybody out
          there done any research on Native Bee Populations? With close to 4,000
          species of native bees in North America, what is happening to the Honey
          Bee may be already affecting our Native Bee populations.

          > Posted by: "barbara.abraham
          I am very interested in such a study, and am hoping to begin at
          Mountain...

          Perhaps...

          Ask about methodology, etc.
          They would all welcome your help and input.
          Good list. V serious, but not in tonality.
          I think you'll like most of it.

          BillSF9c