Old bee books (Kirby, Lepeletier, Fabricius, Dalla Torre, Taschenberg, Saunders)

  • Claus
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 12, 2009
      ----- Forwarded Message ----
      From: "dcschmid@..." <dcschmid@...>
      To: sols@...
      Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2009 2:57:23 PM
      Subject: Digitized Hymenoptera books

      The latest entry in the University Library's Digitized Book of the Week
      blog at http://www.library.uiuc.edu/blog/digitizedbotw/ highlights a grant
      that I received to digitize books on bees, wasps, and ants from UIUC and
      the Field Museum. Please check it out! It's particularly nice that these
      materials will be included in the Biodiversity Heritage Library
      (http://www.biodiversitylibrary.org/).

      Only about half of the 175 volumes covered by the grant have been
      digitized up to now, so stay tuned for many more strange and wonderful
      materials. Also, if the money holds out we may be able to digitize a few
      more hymenoptera-related titles. Let me know if you have any suggestions
      for out-of-copyright books that I might have missed.

      Diane Schmidt
      Biology Librarian