New Photo Gallery

  • Thomas of Baltimore
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 23, 2006
      I uploaded my collection of bee images from 2006.  Please take a look.

    • John S. Ascher
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 23, 2006
        The photos are beautiful and an excellent contribution. Note that the last
        photo is of a male Hoplitis (Alcidamea). The modified antennae are
        visible.

        I apologize for criticizing your email so bluntly. I was a little
        frustrated to receive so many messages in my main email account (not all
        from you by any means), but I realize this is my own fault for not
        organizing my inbox. I was also somewhat upset by your comments on
        invasive species as they seemed to include some political or sociological
        commentary that I didn't care for, some comments about plants, but not
        much about bee monitoring.

        John

        --
        John S. Ascher, Ph.D.
        Bee Database Project Manager
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 23, 2006
          John:

          Thank you for the compliment and I apologize, as well, for my strong reaction.

          Any discussion of the ecology of the city, and the ecology of bees in the city, will necessarily include socio-political discussion.  It is unavoidable.

          As an amateur urban naturalist I am particularly interested in the whole notion of introduced species which is why I mentioned it on the message board.  But let's not let any disagreement on that topic overshadow what we do agree on -- our love of bees.

          Happy holidays,

          Warmly,  Thom Wilson of Baltimore City