Halictidae Slide Show now up on SlideShare

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 7, 2009

      We have put up a presentation on the identification of the Halictidae genera at:

      http://www.slideshare.net/sdroege/identification-of-eastern-north-american-bee-genera-in-the-family-halictidae-presentation

      I have also put up the original power point presentation on our ftp site at:

      ftp://ftpext.usgs.gov/pub/er/md/laurel/Droege/

      along with the Andrenidae ppt

      You can download the presentation from either site, but the ftp site doesn't require you to set up an account.

      Note that those files may not show up on the ftp site until tomorrow due to how the IT department manages uploads.

      I have also added a resources page at the end of each of the presentation that has links to online guides and books on bee identification.

      Megachilidae will be next.

      Gnats Inside the Wind

      Some gnats come from the grass to speak with Solomon.

      “O Solomon, you are the champion of the oppressed.
      you give justice to the little guys, and they don’t get
      any littler than us!  We are tiny metaphors
      for frailty.  Can you defend us?”

      “Who has mistreated you?”

      “Our complaint is against the wind.”

      “Well, says Solomon, “you have pretty voices,
      you gnats, but remember, a judge cannot listen
      to just one side.  I must hear both litigants.”

      “Of course,” agree the gnats.

      “Summon the East Wind!”  calls out Solomon,
      and the wind arrives almost immediately.

      What happened to the gnat plaintiffs?  Gone.

      Such is the way of every seeker who comes to complain
      at the High Court.  When the presence of God arrives,
      where are the seekers?  First there’s dying,
      then union, like gnats inside the wind.

             -Rumi

    • Edward M. Barrows
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 7, 2009
        January 7, 2009

        Sam,

        Thanks for the bee ppts! They are very useful.

        Green cheers, Edd Barrows

        Sam Droege wrote:

        > All:
        >
        > We have put up a presentation on the identification of the Halictidae
        > genera at:
        >
        > http://www.slideshare.net/sdroege/identification-of-eastern-north-american-bee-genera-in-the-family-halictidae-presentation
        >

        > I have also put up the original power point presentation on our ftp
        > site at:
        >
        > _ftp://ftpext.usgs.gov/pub/er/md/laurel/Droege/_
        > <ftp://ftpext.usgs.gov/pub/er/md/laurel/Droege>
        >
        > along with the Andrenidae ppt
        >
        > You can download the presentation from either site, but the ftp site
        > doesn't require you to set up an account.
        >
        > Note that those files may not show up on the ftp site until tomorrow
        > due to how the IT department manages uploads.
        >
        > I have also added a resources page at the end of each of the
        > presentation that has links to online guides and books on bee
        > identification.
        >
        > Megachilidae will be next.
        >
        > sam
        >
        > Sam Droege sdroege@...
        > w 301-497-5840 h 301-390-7759 fax 301-497-5624
        > Http://www.pwrc.usgs.gov
        >
        > Gnats Inside the Wind
        >
        > Some gnats come from the grass to speak with Solomon.
        >
        > “O Solomon, you are the champion of the oppressed.
        > you give justice to the little guys, and they don’t get
        > any littler than us! We are tiny metaphors
        > for frailty. Can you defend us?”
        >
        > “Who has mistreated you?”
        >
        > “Our complaint is against the wind.”
        >
        > “Well, says Solomon, “you have pretty voices,
        > you gnats, but remember, a judge cannot listen
        > to just one side. I must hear both litigants.”
        >
        > “Of course,” agree the gnats.
        >
        > “Summon the East Wind!” calls out Solomon,
        > and the wind arrives almost immediately.
        >
        > What happened to the gnat plaintiffs? Gone.
        >
        > Such is the way of every seeker who comes to complain
        > at the High Court. When the presence of God arrives,
        > where are the seekers? First there’s dying,
        > then union, like gnats inside the wind.
        >
        > -Rumi
        >

        > P *Please don't print this e-mail unless really needed**.*

      • Siddharth Tiwari
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 7, 2009
          Quoting Sam Droege <sdroege@...>:

          Hi Sam,

          Thanks for the slides; images, information and foot note at the bottom of the
          slideshow page are very useful.
          Since images arent grouped on the slides, I could blowup the images and could
          see the little details - just thought to share it. If I'm blowing up the images
          and moving around the images on a slide, I wouldn't save the file when I'm done.

          Thanks,
          Sidd

          --
          Siddharth Tiwari,