Slideshow on the identification of Andrenidae, Colletidae, and Melittidae

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 6, 2009

      Hi All:

      We have put up a powerpoint presentation on Andrenidae, Colletidae, and Melittidae that we use in our ID classes.  Should be useful reading for those of you learning your bee identification.  Its also downloadable.  We are working on the other Families and will let you know when they are posted.  Let me know if you find any errors and I will fix them.

      http://www.slideshare.net/sdroege/eastern-north-american-andrenidae-bees-taxonomy-distribution-identification-presentation/

      You can also go to www.slideshare.net and type in Andrenidae into the search box.

      Be aware that there are several similar web sites with variations on the above url....

      Thanks

      From Field Work

      Not the mud slick,
      not the black weedy water
      full of alder cones and pock-marked leaves.

      Not the cow parsley in winter
      with its old whitened shins and wrists, its sibilance, its shaking.

      Not even the tart green shade of summer thick with butterflies
      and fungus plump as a leather saddle.

      No. But in a still corner,
      braced to its pebble-dashed wall,
      heavy, earth-drawn, all mouth and eye,

      the sunflower, dreaming umber.
      -Seamus Heaney
    • Dan Kjar
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 6, 2009
        Very nice,

        Are they powerpoints? If so I would love to add the file to my site.
        That way you wouldn't have to join something to download it either!