Re: [beemonitoring] lupine pollen

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 19, 2008
      Dear Retha:

      I answered Kim's message last week.  She never replied.  I wonder if she got it?

      On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 12:49 PM, Retha Meier <rmeier2@...> wrote:

      Please contact Peter Bernhardt at Saint Louis University.  (314) 977-7152 or bernhap2@...
      Retha Meier

      On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 11:40 AM, Kim McFarland <megachilidae@...> wrote:

      Hi Bee Folks,

      Has anyone found a way to tell pollen from different Lupine species
      apart (once it is separated from the flower)? I will be looking at
      pollen loads taken off scopae and (hopefully) identifying the pollen
      grains to species when possible. I know Lupine pollen is difficult if
      not impossible to distinguish between species by just looking at the
      external structure. Does anyone know of any magic tricks to tell
      Lupine species apart?

      Thank you!

      Kim McFarland
      Humboldt State University