Re: [beemonitoring] video camera for recording bee visits?

  • Carla Essenberg
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 12, 2008
      Dear Dr. Meier,

      Thanks for the suggestions. I have gotten a couple of replies back
      with suggestions about how to record visitation to individual flowers
      - if you are ever interested in doing that, you might want to contact
      Bernard Vaissière, who is the research leader and a Crop Pollination
      Ecologist at INRA in Avignon, France (vaissier@...). He
      has a prototype system for filming bees on individual flowers which
      sounds pretty nice - it apparently only records visits and the footage
      is good enough that he can often get IDs down to species. He says his
      current equipment is a little out of date, but he's working on an
      improved system.

      I'll let you know if I find out anything else that sounds especially promising.

      Cheers,

      Carla