Re: [beemonitoring] February Bee Class now has 2 waiting...December still with a slot...

  • nancy lee adamson
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 6, 2008
      Hi, Sam, I still have not really gotten started.  It's insane. I'm still pinning (took a full load of classes, so all's on hold).  Anyway, I have lots to do here and good space to work (and I feel good about using the keys on my own since visiting last year), but will eventually need to seek your help again and wonder if for you it's better to have random folks like me try to visit during the workshop times, since you're set up for wandering around answering questions.  If so, would you please let me know the dates of the workshops and if you'd want a semi-wanderer to add to a group?  I seem to have missed them.  Thanks.  Nancy

    • Norment, Jeff - Bangor, ME
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 6, 2008
        Sam,

        Are all the workshops held in Maryland?

        _____________________________________

        Jeff Norment
        NRCS Biologist
        967 Illinois Ave, Suite #3
        Bangor, ME  04401
        Phone: (207) 990-9571
        Fax: (207) 990-9599
        E-mail: jeff.norment@...

        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 6, 2008

          You can email me, however, to be put on the waiting list.

                  The Arrival of the Bee Box

          I ordered this, clean wood box
          Square as a chair and almost too heavy to lift.
          I would say it was the coffin of a midget
          Or a square baby
          Were there not such a din in it.

          The box is locked, it is dangerous.
          I have to live with it overnight
          And I can't keep away from it.
          There are no windows, so I can't see what is in there.
          There is only a little grid, no exit.

          I put my eye to the grid.
          It is dark, dark,
          With the swarmy feeling of African hands
          Minute and shrunk for export,
          Black on black, angrily clambering.

          How can I let them out?
          It is the noise that appalls me most of all,
          The unintelligible syllables.
          It is like a Roman mob,
          Small, taken one by one, but my god, together!

          I lay my ear to furious Latin.
          I am not a Caesar.
          I have simply ordered a box of maniacs.
          They can be sent back.
          They can die, I need feed them nothing, I am the owner.

          I wonder how hungry they are.
          I wonder if they would forget me
          If I just undid the locks and stood back and turned into a tree.
          There is the laburnum, its blond colonnades,
          And the petticoats of the cherry.

          They might ignore me immediately
          In my moon suit and funeral veil.
          I am no source of honey
          So why should they turn on me?
          Tomorrow I will be sweet God, I will set them free.

          The box is only temporary.

          Sylvia Plath

        • paqinc@aol.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 7, 2008
            Sam:  Can you also put me on wait list?  Or on whatever workshop comes next.

            thanks,

            Pat

            Pat Quigley, PP, AICP
            PAQ Inc.
            1080 Quarry Hall Road
            Norristown, PA 19403
            office: (610) 584-1829
            fax: (610) 584-6331
            e-mail: PAQINC@...

            In a message dated 11/6/2008 6:15:11 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, sdroege@... writes:

            You can email me, however, to be put on the waiting list.

            sam

            Sam Droege  sdroege@usgs. gov
            Http://www.pwrc. usgs.gov

            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 7, 2008
              Jeff:

              The free ones are all in MD.  There is a scheduled for pay one (for non doi employees) in April at the NCTC in WV but I have a gut feeling that it will be cancelled due to lack of enrollment (likely to the existence of the free ones).

              sam